An Alternative to Halogens is Chlorine Dioxide
- Used for drinking water disinfection since 1944.
- Used in many other industrial applications.
- It is a proven and superior disinfectant.
- Does not have many of the drawbacks and limitations associated with halogens like chlorine.
- Has almost replaced chlorine for bleaching in pulp and paper industry.
- EU and US EPA approved, WHO listed.
- Best Available Technology (BAT) for control of Legionella in hot and cold water systems
Building Services Research and Information Association (BSRIA UK)